Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I have this handgun and was hoping to find out what it would be worth, if to sell to a personal buyer, as opposed to a shop/store.
Thanks in advance for any & all help. Best, Tony

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
.38 S&W (NOT .38 special) Reg. Pol. from the mid 1920's. If the other side is as pretty as the side you show, $500+/- in this market.
Need more photos ;) and a S/N would help nail down the date

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just bought two of these. Both were near mint to mint. I paid $625 shipped for each off the Internet. You could probably get an easy $500 for yours. Not big sellers as the caliber is not the greatest, but I needed two for my collection. Right now, I would imagine that .38 S&W ammo would be very hard to come by. Big Larry
Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
29,964 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice revolver. Love seeing pics of the classics.

Reactions: Tony511

·
Super Moderator
19,894 Posts
Your RP is beautiful. I would ponder to guess that you're in the $500-600+ price range. A gun shop will probably give you around half of that. Private buyers normally pay their transfer fees, so that's really the bast way to go if you do sell it.

MyO my, I'm buying one right now, and I've only paid $300 for it. It's on lay-a-way, and I should have it by the end of the month. CajunBass, I'm taking lessons directly from you...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
.38 S&W (NOT .38 special) Reg. Pol. from the mid 1920's. If the other side is as pretty as the side you show, $500+/- in this market.
Thanks Delcrossv!!!
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

·
Super Moderator
35,557 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I agree with the others, wonderful looking old Smith!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just bought two of these. Both were near mint to mint. I paid $625 shipped for each off the Internet. You could probably get an easy $500 for yours. Not big sellers as the caliber is not the greatest, but I needed two for my collection. Right now, I would imagine that .38 S&W ammo would be very hard to come by. Big Larry View attachment 499011
THANKS BIG LARRY
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your RP is beautiful. I would ponder to guess that you're in the $500-600+ price range. A gun shop will probably give you around half of that. Private buyers normally pay their transfer fees, so that's really the bast way to go if you do sell it.

MyO my, I'm buying one right now, and I've only paid $300 for it. It's on lay-a-way, and I should have it by the end of the month. CajunBass, I'm taking lessons directly from you...
THANKS GEARCHECKER
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Welcome to the forum!

I agree with the others, wonderful looking old Smith!

THANKS WENDYZXZ
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.