Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be 'that' guy, but I need some help in ID my late father's revolver. Not looking for the value, as it will stay in the family. Dad said it was a police model that he bought off a retired deputy in Socal. The serial # is stamped on the bottom of the grips and reads C558XXX. Just wondering what model and maybe the year it was produced. Thanks Kit

·
Registered
12,602 Posts
Thats a very nice model 10. Great shine to the blueing. When you open the cylinder it should have the model number stamped on the frame. It would be something like, Mod 10-1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One other question, Dad had it loaded with +p...Can this model handle +p? Cheers

·
Super Moderator
19,363 Posts
jonesy814 said:
Thats a very nice model 10. Great shine to the blueing. When you open the cylinder it should have the model number stamped on the frame. It would be something like, Mod 10-1
Well, all be..I should be ashamed of myself...Model 10-2. Thank you all
The first time is okay, the next time you can be ashamed! lol
That is an absolutely beautiful model 10 you have there. They don'g get much prettier than that for a revolver of that age. Kepp it, shoot the heck out of it, and pass it on down the line in the family. Make sure thay know the stories behind. your dad's, and even yours.
Congratulaions on the good sense to keep it in the family.

·
Registered
21,964 Posts
Fantastic looking revolver. Great finish. Anyone would be proud to have that in their collection. Thanks for sharing the pic.:cool:

Reactions: 45acp230

·
Registered
12,602 Posts
Plus P is ok, but I wouldn't use it for just general range plinking. It is somewhat harder on the gun and may lead to it only lasting 2 lifetimes instead of 3 or 4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Plus P is ok, but I wouldn't use it for just general range plinking. It is somewhat harder on the gun and may lead to it only lasting 2 lifetimes instead of 3 or 4
Thanks...dad would never push wad cutters. He always said they were filthy. I miss the old Marine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts