Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a new .357 Magnum Performance Center 686 4". It is being sent to my FFL.
What should i look for before accepting it.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
19,777 Posts
Definately look it over real good.....like it was a used gun. Make sure everything works the way it's supposed to. You should never accept a gun with issues.....despite what the guy at the gun shop says. "OH....we can have that fixed!" That is pure BS!!!!! You don't HAVE TO accept it, because it was ordered for you. ;) Bob

·
Registered
12,655 Posts
I look at Everything. Ensure that the barrel is attached straight and that front sight is completely vertical, not leaning one way or the other. check for a consistent finish. Cycle the gun and make sure nothing binds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the great info.

This will be my first 2nd Revolver that i've been wanting for a long time. It was this PC 686 4" OR the Ruger GP100.
I really am getting a really good deal on it so i went with the SW. Should be getting it to my FFL by next week.
will let everyone know how it turned out.
thanks again.

·
Premium Member
10,778 Posts
They are hand fitted and finished. Workers vary in skill, and have good and bad days. Check the action, check parts mountings, check that screws are not galled, check that the barrel is mounted straight, check the cylinder to barrel breech gap, check for end-shake of the cylinder... Check fit, finish, overall appearance.

Reactions: skyrep
1 - 7 of 7 Posts