Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My FFL guy has a blued, six-shot, 2", .38 Spl., serial #1825XX. The weird thing about the gun is that on the yoke it is stamped "623." Aside from that and the serial # there is nothing else. I can't find any 4-1-1 on a Model 623. Is it possible that it's an older Model 10 (M&P?) or something along those lines? Any idea on age? Thanx.

Sent from my Commodore 64 running Windoze 95
Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol

Reactions: Wiregrassguy

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 623 is just an assembly number to keep fitted parts together. Your gun is pre 1957 when model numbers were assigned. It could be called a pre Model 10. It's most likely a 2" Military & Police.
The 623 is just an assembly number to keep fitted parts together. Your gun is pre 1957 when model numbers were assigned. It could be called a pre Model 10. It's most likely a 2" Military & Police.
Thanx, I had a feeling that's what it was. Does anyone have an idea on its age?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it have a letter prefix in front of the serial number? Like a letter C?
[/QUOTE]
I called and apparently there is a "C" a couple of spaces b4 the number. Too bad he didn't tell me that from the get-go.

·
Banned
2,792 Posts
1948 - 1951. Most likely on the later side. The square butt 2" guns aren't real common with the half moon sight.
Yup. I have a 4" from about the same timeframe - just 27,000 serial numbers earlier than the one in the OP.

Reactions: 5150
1 - 8 of 8 Posts