Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a MP 2,0 3.6" several months ago and really have grown to like this pistol. Initially when the 2.0 came out I though the grip texture was a little too aggressive, but I can see why S&W did it and have grown to really appreciate the texture.

I've also been kinda late to the pistol red dot craze, but decided the new SW MP2.0 4"Optics ready pistol would be the gun for the new Trijicon RMR, so I bought the new MP and it was delivered Tuesday.

Mounting the Trijicon was fairly easy. I had to grind off about .075" of the Trijicon supplied screws to get them to seat all the way down with the S&W provided spacer plate. Adjusted the dot to co-witness with the sights and only need a slight adjustment to the right when I got to the range today.

I was able to put about 80 rounds through the gun today at lunch and it worked wonderfully. I'm picking up the dot well which confirms the MP being the right gun for me and running an optic.

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
Congratulations on your new optics based M&P. Looks like a very well put together package.

Several manufacturers have started offering pistols with a slide cut for miniature red dot optics.

I recently bought a used SIG P320 RX which has their Romeo 1 optic on it. The gun also came with night sights (suppressor height) and co-witnesses like yours does.

I've had it out for a few sessions, but am not positive that I shoot better with the optic than with iron sights. I'll be interested in your experience with this platform.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations on your new optics based M&P. Looks like a very well put together package.

Several manufacturers have started offering pistols with a slide cut for miniature red dot optics.

I recently bought a used SIG P320 RX which has their Romeo 1 optic on it. The gun also came with night sights (suppressor height) and co-witnesses like yours does.

I've had it out for a few sessions, but am not positive that I shoot better with the optic than with iron sights. I'll be interested in your experience with this platform.
Thanks!

So far, I wouldn't say I'm more accurate but it feels quicker for sure I'll know more and share as things progress.

I have a P230XCarry that I considered mounting the RMR on, but it has the rear sight plate so I would have to get a newer pro-cut Sig slide to have the rear sight. After shooting the MP2.0 3.6 next to my Xcarry which is a fine gun, I just preferred the ergos of the MP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts