Smith And Wesson Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
The old original plant has a steel bar fence, with substancial brick "posts", and a brick "guard house" at the main entrance, where you have to 'check in and out'. Besides the main plant building there are several more large production buildings.....as well as an underground area for production to continue during a war. (WW2) A large fence encloses the entire property, and security is very tight!

I don't imagine that they will let this site go........it's just too valuable, and they wouldn't sell it cheap! ;)
:sneaky: Bob

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You've got the general idea. (y) But all 2nd Gens have 3-digit model numbers and that late full-size .40 3rd Gen would be a 4006TSW. Note that there are a ton of 3rd Gen models. Google the Skjos 3rd Gen model list for a complete listing. (y)
I have my SCS&W (4th edition). Do you own it?

I'll admit to going to Colt for the real experience of owning a John Browning 1911.They look better and just my opinion.

White Air gun Trigger Wood Line

This is my carry gun:

Everyday carry Material property Wood Gun accessory Composite material

Attachments

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
The old original plant has a steel bar fence, with substancial brick "posts", and a brick "guard house" at the main entrance, where you have to 'check in and out'. Besides the main plant building there are several more large production buildings.....as well as an underground area for production to continue during a war. (WW2) A large fence encloses the entire property, and security is very tight!

I don't imagine that they will let this site go........it's just too valuable, and they wouldn't sell it cheap! ;)
:sneaky: Bob
Maybe Biden could revamp it for a vacation home. He'd appreciate the fence and security. That way he could be closer to his buddies Obama and Sanders too.

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
That plant would make a good mansion, if you just refurbished the old main building to live in. The shooting range and underground 'bunker' would be great for hiding out during war time. Bob

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
Democrat Richard Neal Rep. from my district said today that he hates to see S&W leave Mass. Then why was he one of the Dems. that made the state gun laws to drive S&W out???? He should be ashamed of himself!!!!! But, in reality, he's just another two faced politician in this state, who are on a crusade to destroy the gun industry! He just won't admit it. :mad: Bob

·
Premium Member
13,383 Posts
Background on the S&W move to Tennessee:

Reactions: TTSH

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Simply put, Biness is Biness.... You want to stay in Biness, you either do what is necessary or you fold. Simple as that.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Background on the S&W move to Tennessee:

Good article. Nothing we S&W aficionados didn't already know, but concise and truthful. (y)

I got some inside word that this came as quite a surprise (and shock) to S&W's employees. Apparently, no one outside of top level management had any idea this was going down. :oops:

·
Registered
18,885 Posts
Good article. Nothing we S&W aficionados didn't already know, but concise and truthful. (y)

I got some inside word that this came as quite a surprise (and shock) to S&W's employees. Apparently, no one outside of top level management had any idea this was going down. :oops:
Usually how that plays. Just like the government. No one down the food chain knows what is really going on. In the governments case however, even the head man don't have a clue...

Hopefully S&W offers a relocation incentive to it's long standing employees. Good jobs are hard to find up in the North East.

Reactions: TTSH

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thu, September 30, 2021, 9:01 AM·9 min read

In this article:

• Move includes headquarters and significant portion of operations due to changing business climate for firearms manufacturing in Massachusetts
    SPRINGFIELD, Mass., Sept. 30, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select: SWBI), one of the nation's oldest firearms manufacturers, announced today that it is moving its headquarters and significant elements of its operations to Maryville, Tennessee in 2023. Smith & Wesson has been based in Springfield, Massachusetts since the company was incorporated in 1852.
I work at a gun club, and I am a real estate agent. I live in Crossville TN. The gun club is Crossville Shooting Sports Park. Maryville is about an hour away. If I could be of assistance in any way, please let me know.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts