Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a inherited model 645 that I cant find a picture of a matching one anywhere my grips are different and I dont know how to search the serial number

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
If you want to know the build date post the first few numbers of the serial number and someone may help you . 645 is a 2nd Generation pistol 1979 -88 steel frame hooked trigger guard and side protectors ( ears) for adjustable sights . Other variations have fixed sights and rounded trigger guards. I have seen other pistols with wood panels with medallions on top but don't know if they are factory. nice pistol!

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
They are factory grips just stained a little darker than most. It happens

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not sure about the grips yet I have yet to find another like them online or in any shop iv ever been to

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Nice 645. I've had a couple of them that shipped with black plastic grips.

·
Registered
41 Posts
S&W Model 645 Serial# TBF9436

Welcome to the Forum,
My Model 645 is identical to your's but they came from S&W with black plastic grip panels. I purchased mine new in very early 1988. I would assume your's dates to 1987 like mine. Mine is serial# TBF9436. I replaced the black plastic grips (they are in the box) with Model 745 walnut grips.

IMG_1656.JPG IMG_0113.JPG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very nice looking pistol you got there I appreciate the info. mine shoots awesome but I'm still fighting the ambidextrous saftey I have tried thread lock but to no success i shoot no more than a magazine and i have to tighten it iv seen alot of people online having the same issue

1 - 13 of 13 Posts