Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just got my first S&W firearm and got this version of the 629 website here : https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-model-629-44-magnum-hunter . I've shot a few rounds through it and have been practicing my trigger pull. I do have a question now however, and would like the input from you experts. The threads for the compensator and the barrel to the go over the cylinder has come loose, and I was wondering if putting lock-tight on it would be good to get it re-secured so I can get back to shooting in a few days.

Thanks in advance to you guys!

Brad

·
Registered
843 Posts
I have never had a problem with threaded brakes or silencers coming loose if anything they are more difficult to remove than install. Make sure its on tight you can use a punch inserted thru the holes insert it completely thru one side and out the other side.

if all else fails you could resort to lock tight but make sure you use the easily removed type I cannot remember the color some one else can chime in on that.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I've never had a muzzle brake come lose either. Just tighten it the way Len described. If you need to use locktite make sure all of the oils are cleaned out of the threads and use the blue. Another option is nail polish. It will release very easily. I would avoid the thread locker option if you can.

·
Premium Member
19,159 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts