Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased this revolver several years ago and usually shoot it double action but I have also shoot it a bit by cocking the hammer.

Trying to cock the hammer now does not work. The double action works all the time.

When trying to cock the hammer the bolt will not drop out of the cylinder slot. If I try to cock the hammer it will move a bit and stop ( bolt not dropping) . If I then pull the trigger slightly while trying to cock the hammer I can see the bolt drop and can complete cocking the hammer. Not a safe thing to do with loaded gun..

I would guess that this is a timing issue and would like to know how to fix the problem or is this something for Smith and Wesson to fix.

·
Registered
36 Posts
IIRC, that's a shrouded hammer Bodyguard design. Perhaps some little piece of nasty got wedged in the works. Removing the sideplate for examination, then a good cleaning may be all thats' needed. If you advise what part of Wisconsin you're in, pehaps a nearby member can help directly, or refer you to a competent gunsmith.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts