Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I entered a new world. Bought my first .32 caliber. A .32 SW Long, Model 30-1. 3" barrel and a round butt. Still waiting for the serial number. I have read many nice things about the caliber and the revolver. I also ordered a couple of hundred rounds of .32 SW Long from Brownells. It will get here before the gun, so after a check up and cleaning I'll be ready to go. Can't wait for the experience of a 32.

second photo.jpg fourth photo.jpg

·
Registered
19,508 Posts
Congrats on the new addition to your collection. Looks great and soon, hopefully, you will be providing us a range report soon.:)

·
Premium Member
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the ammo got here today. Next week the revolver (fingers crossed). Had to take a comparison photo to get me used to the .32 SW long.

.38, .32, .22 (1).JPG

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Congrats, a beautiful nickel round butt to boot! I too am a recent S&W 32 Long newcomer. I just acquired a Model 31 in blue. I took it to the range and was very pleased. It has low recoil and is very accurate. I think the two are related. The round is not a powerhouse by any means but I think that is why it is such a pleasure to shoot. Here’s a pic of mine.

17DAD957-CA98-4004-BAF4-A4E28204BFB2.jpeg

·
Premium Member
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats, a beautiful nickel round butt to boot! I too am a recent S&W 32 Long newcomer. I just acquired a Model 31 in blue. I took it to the range and was very pleased. It has low recoil and is very accurate. I think the two are related. The round is not a powerhouse by any means but I think that is why it is such a pleasure to shoot. Here’s a pic of mine.

View attachment 362841
Very nice. It is my understanding the Model 31 is the square butt version of the Model 30. Same gun in effect. Your range report is encouraging. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just found out this one shipped Jan 1970. I guessed 1969. Getting a little better at this. Happiness is getting a tracking number from the seller.

·
Premium Member
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Picked up the Model 30-1 today. Pretty good shape but it clearly was neglected sometime in its past. Those days are now over. Stocks are numbered to the gun which is always nice and they are in pretty good shape. I soaked it with ballistol and will get some copper strips over it after I shoot it (if the weather ever warms up).

Model 30-1 pickup day (7).JPG Model 30-1 pickup day (8).JPG Model 30-1 pickup day (1).JPG

·
Registered
669 Posts
GREAT CATCH!

What it needs as well as cleaning is Mothers Mag Wheel polish or Fitz, SemiChrome, etc. In 10 minutes it'll shine like "new money"!

In another 20 minutes you can have it shooting 6 shots of 32 H&R Mag for dark alleys. AND STILL SHOOT 32 lONG JUST AS ACCURATELY.

·
Premium Member
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This guy turned 50 back in January. Still haven't gotten it to the range. Maybe this month

·
Premium Member
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have now had this .32 for 15 months and finally got it to the range. My first .32 ever and my first time shooting a .32SW Long. These were wadcutters and gentle as a baby.

The first six;

The head shot was with my 19th through 24th rounds; there really are six holes in or near the head. One was almost an arrow splitter.
image hosting website

The middle 12 rounds were at the left and right circles respectively.
free picture hosting

Big shout out to my wadcutters!

·
Premium Member
11,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got it home and all cleaned up. Pretty good shape for a 50 year old (last January). Looks like moisture got to the grip at sometime; wonder if they had rubber on it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice score! Very underrated Model and caliber, except to those already enlightened.

My 30-1 is a blued 2-incher and is in the care and custody of my wife.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts