Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gorgeous! I am so drooling...... I have read that the Dirty Harry producers were originally looking for a 4 inch 29 in 1971 but couldn’t find one so they had to go with the 6”. Yours could’ve been a star ;-)

I love these old 29‘s.
My early 70s 29-2. Such a sweet shooter with specials. Not so much with magnums 😬

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gorgeous! I am so drooling...... I have read that the Dirty Harry producers were originally looking for a 4 inch 29 in 1971 but couldn’t find one so they had to go with the 6”. Yours could’ve been a star ;-)

I love these old 29‘s.
My early 70s 29-2. Such a sweet shooter with specials. Not so much with magnums 😬

View attachment 471831
thanks RKBA, I love that 29 of yours !

·
Registered
214 Posts
I will be picking up a 6 1/2” 29-2 after I make a couple more payments on it. But since I have that one sewn up I think a 4” is after that. Some beautiful guns you fellas got there.

·
Registered
906 Posts
That is a beautiful 4” 29-2. The bluing of that era was like black chrome. That must have been someone’s safe queen. I had a chance to buy one like yours several years ago and foolishly passed on it. I did manage to get a 6.5” version but, I would like a 4” blue one day.

1205BDA9-C6C4-4FA1-93DE-728C53B4E28C.jpeg

·
Registered
22,056 Posts
Some beautiful examples of model 29's everybody! Thanks for sharing the pics.(y)(y)

Reactions: latitude22

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is a beautiful 4” 29-2. The bluing of that era was like black chrome. That must have been someone’s safe queen. I had a chance to buy one like yours several years ago and foolishly passed on it. I did manage to get a 6.5” version but, I would like a 4” blue one day.

View attachment 471875
I really like your 29-2 jdavis, this make me want to get a 6 1/2" barrel also

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anybody interested? In #S 101025, 3.5", bought and put away in 1983 after reputable pistol/Smith gunsmith in Phoenix checked the action (was and is smooth and perfect), and inserted a yellow instead of red flag on front sight (better night vision, easy to return to red), lightly coated with Carnauba wax - looks great now, no rust, dark blue, very minor imperfections, shot only once by me back then.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
My two "pre's"
5 screw (not shot much, 99%er, original serialed case , tools etc.)- one of the first 200 shipped:

And the 4 screw- came with holster wear, shot A LOT by me. :D

·
Premium Member
18,605 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass over on the other side of the state! Are you ready to go back from Daphne to dry heat :) ? Your pre-29 looks pretty good to me!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts