Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Lots of different types of cases from which to choose. Have you something In kind?

Kevin
Kevin, I am thinking a wood case similar to a factory case with an approx. size of 16"x 8"x 3", with a cut out for a screwdriver and cleaning rod, would try to design it where the gun would lay about 1/2 of the guns thickness in the insert, will probably use a dark blue material for the liner

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Kevin, yes I would be open to any tips and ideas, thanks !
How comfortable are you around power tools?

Do you own a table saw? Mitre box? Hammer? Nail set?

What species of wood will you use?

These are general questions but you get the idea. When I build a box or a case I construct it as one piece and then cut the top from the base. After the two are separated, I hinge them to keep things aligned. The cases I built had internal dividers, like the cases for Colt percussion revolvers, so they get built and installed after separating the top from the base. You are going to cut outlines in something and caver it with cloth, similar to the French casing of dueling or target pistols.

Lots of info can be found here,

french presentation cases for pistols

okay, that did not happen as I expected. Copy and paste that in your search engine. Lots of link will show up. If you have questions, ask! Lot’s of knowledge is available on this forum for the asking. My tag line says how I feel.

Good luck, take photos and keep us in the loop.

Kevin

21 - 25 of 25 Posts