Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
12,063 Posts
Hey Tony,

Welcome to S&W.

Way to go! Pics of a great M 25.......right out the GATE!

Silly talk. Selling that Beauty!

Go get a couple/three boxes of ammo and head to the range!

Those Magna Ports will make it seem like you are shooting a "stiff" .38!

My Nephew has one very similar. Think he got it for $650? (won't sell/trade it to me, shoots full snort ammo, with less recoil than target ammo in un ported revolver)

Later, Mark

· Registered
5,497 Posts
To my knowledge Smith Wesson never magna ported any .45 LC at the factory so Its most likely after market which hurts the value. The other thing that hurts the value is the fact tha .45 LC does not need to be ported unless they are shooting vert hot rounds. That in the long run would hurt the but loosening it. From the perspective of the gun being of any collector value is nil it a shooter all the way but how much shooting life is left is the questions if hot loads were used !!! Just my thoughts

· Registered
2,772 Posts
The ported barrel is a minus and the polished hammer and trigger is also a negative...

At a high value of nine hundred minus the cost of a replacement barrel(250), hammer and trigger (100) and the cost of the gunsmith labor, I'd be looking at 500 at best.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.