Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I purchased S&W model 25-5 with compensated barrel. I would like to know if its factory made and the value of the gun. The gun is in great condition.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Those 4" Model 25-5s are popular and not easy to find. Yours is Magnaported which hurts collector value but makes it more pleasant to shoot. I would think it's worth between $900 and $1200 depending on how you sell it. Personally that would be a keeper for me.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Hey Tony,

Welcome to S&W.

Way to go! Pics of a great M 25.......right out the GATE!

Silly talk. Selling that Beauty!

Go get a couple/three boxes of ammo and head to the range!

Those Magna Ports will make it seem like you are shooting a "stiff" .38!

My Nephew has one very similar. Think he got it for $650? (won't sell/trade it to me, shoots full snort ammo, with less recoil than target ammo in un ported revolver)

Later, Mark

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
To my knowledge Smith Wesson never magna ported any .45 LC at the factory so Its most likely after market which hurts the value. The other thing that hurts the value is the fact tha .45 LC does not need to be ported unless they are shooting vert hot rounds. That in the long run would hurt the but loosening it. From the perspective of the gun being of any collector value is nil it a shooter all the way but how much shooting life is left is the questions if hot loads were used !!! Just my thoughts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The ported barrel is a minus and the polished hammer and trigger is also a negative...

At a high value of nine hundred minus the cost of a replacement barrel(250), hammer and trigger (100) and the cost of the gunsmith labor, I'd be looking at 500 at best.

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
Because of the work done to it I was thinking maybe $700.00 tops. If your going to try and sell it here you have to post a price in the WTS section.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts