Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello forum users, recently purchased equipment for the S&W Model 2206, with 4.5 barrels, sight mode, 1 magazine for 12 rounds. After shooting - that it works OK and is accurate :)
I have already read everything I can find on the Internet. From what I read that mine was produced in 1990-93 or maybe until 1992. I am considering the 1992 limit because of California USA - reportedly the 12-round magazine has been banned since 1993.
My S&W 2206 pistol has the number VAH 5125, grown in Houlton, Main, CTG - I have determined that it has been in Poland since 1998. What was with him before? I saw that the VAH 5100 was recently sold in Poland - Pistolet S&W mod.2206 kal. 22Lr
New information recently - Sprzedam: Smith & Wesson model 2206 bocznego zapłonu. • Ogłoszenia • Optyka myśliwska
VAH 5126 number !!!
Phone to the owner - information, he bought a new one in Poland in 1994! It means that my production is 100% before 1994, then it came to Poland? :) Maybe you know some details?
Mine was in the same box (?) As VAH 5100 and VAH 5126 from the attached links? :)
If you have any information, I would be grateful.
To make my first S&W I am curious about its history.
I greet all shooting enthusiasts.
Marek

·
Super Moderator
14,751 Posts
Kalifornijski zakaz wydawania magazynów prawdopodobnie nie miałby wpływu na produkty eksportowane do Polski. S&W produkuje konkretny model na sprzedaż w Kalifornii. Jeśli znasz kogoś z numerem seryjnym w granicach 25 sztuk twojego pistoletu, prawdopodobnie został wyprodukowany w tej samej partii produkcyjnej i wyeksportowany do dystrybutora w twoim kraju w tej samej przesyłce.

All via Google Translate.

Marc

Reactions: Marek

·
Registered
21,175 Posts
I'll pass again.......

• Haha
Reactions: TTSH

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mrerick- thanks, I think so too. I am looking for information about the date of production, export, importer's company, etc.
SidecarFlip- I have initial troubles, versions are sticking by the machine translated with double errors...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Welcome,

The three letter serial numbers can be difficult to date. They were not always used in order! However the 12 round magazine came out in 1992. The 4.5 barrel was discontinued late 1993. The V series of serial numbers didn't start until late 1993 into 1994. So... your gun is most likely an October- December 1993 date of production. It may be one of the few 4.5 barrels with a V series number.

But... as with all three letter serial number questions I am ready to be told I'm wrong. 1993 is a very safe guess though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your information, especially since I have not seen anywhere before that the 4.5 inch barrel was not produced after 1993.
Somewhere on the internet, I saw that the owner gave the pistol production year 1993, VAD xxxx number! I have no idea if there was any alphabetical order or numbering system. If so, my VAH5125 was created after VADxxxx, that is in 1993 :)
An attempt to summarize what I know for now:
  • VAH 5126 number sold new, in POLAND in 1994 - 100%,
  • VADxxxx was established in 1993 and first for the former VAHxxxx numbers - let's assume that 50% (?), that is, yes or yes ;)
  • @Brassmonkey you say that the end of the production of the 2206 with a 4.5 barrel is the end of 1993 - can we assume that the information is 100% certain?
If so, my S&W M2206, number VAH5125, a 4.5 inch barrel, was made in 1993!(y)(y)(y)

Unless it was completely different ... :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
My information based on several published books, including the Standard Catologue of Smith and Wesson. I'm 90% confident on 1993 given your configuration.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, so I assume it's 1993. I'm so the proud owner of a 4.5 inch barrel S&W 2206 short series:cool:
Seriously, in My Country in the '90s, US weapons were not readily available. And access to weapons is heavily rationed. I am curious how many copies came to Poland then. I found these extreme numbers VAH5100 to VAH5126, between them MY GUN number VAH5125:)
In January 2022 I will try to write to the S&W factory and ask how many model 2206 of this equipment was shipped back then be Central Europe. Maybe they will answer - then I will share this knowledge here on the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts