·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Excellent! Glad you found one! (y)
Range report Required!

·
Super Moderator
34,027 Posts
Great find and looks in excellent shape!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! Looks to be in great shape.
Great find and looks in excellent shape!
Thank you all for your comments. It is strictly shooter grade. What I did not show is there is no serial number in the ejector rod recess on the barrel. This indicates the barrel has been replaced. If done by the factory, the serial number would have been added. Also, the owner mentioned he succeeded in shooting out the rifling with military ammunition he secretly removed from the base. My guess is the ammunition used corrosive primers and the owner did not know how to clean corrosive properly. The owner said he bought the revolver from a gunsmith. After he shot out the bore, he had the same gunsmith rebarrel it.

Kevin

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
The stocks are non relieved diamond targets, but not quite right for my hands. Here it is with a pair of diamond magnas I had laying around and a spare Tyler grip adapter.

What does the gallery think?

Thank you.

Kevin
That works! I'm generally not a fan of target grips, even though i have large hands. Cokes being the exception to that rule. ;)

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Never had cokes to try. Not looking for originals, but who makes a decent copy?

Kevin
There's that guy on the Blue forum- Keith Brown IIRC- Gorgeous, but they're pretty dear too. I like Magnas; all my Mod 1950's came with them, so you're in good company. :)

#1 daughter likes them too:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts