Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,738 Posts
They started numbering S&W revolver models in 1957, so it dates 4 engineering changes beyond that. I don't have my Catalog of S&W handy, but others may be able to give you a range.

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This 19-3 is from 1971. The 19-4 looks to have been made from 1977 to 1981 as the 19-5 came along in 1982. They are very nice to shoot. Congrats on bringing her home. Enjoy.
View attachment 451289
thanks for the date info, I really like that nickel snub nose.

BTW, after I paid for the model 19 today the shop manager brought out a model 25 in super condition, no turn rings, diamond grips, just so nice.............but sometimes you just have to know when to slow down a bit

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
thanks for the date info, I really like that nickel snub nose.

BTW, after I paid for the model 19 today the shop manager brought out a model 25 in super condition, no turn rings, diamond grips, just so nice.............but sometimes you just have to know when to slow down a bit
And now is not that time :) I have to admit that the Model 25 would have come home with me also. Very nice Model 19. They are great shooters.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
It doesn't have a social security number under the grips does it? :) I had one exactly like it, that I bought about 1977-78 or so. My very first revolver. That was during the height of the "engrave everything" for identification/insurance craze, and I being young and dumb did it. I was smart enough to do it where it was hidden. I'm keep looking to see if it will turn up again.

Seriously, now that I think about it, mine didn't have the target hammer and trigger. False alarm. Never mind.

That is a really nice Model 19. I joke that I go back and forth between which I like best. The Model 15 or the Model 19. Since this is about the Model 19, that's the one I like best, and yours is a beauty. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It doesn't have a social security number under the grips does it? :) I had one exactly like it, that I bought about 1977-78 or so. My very first revolver. That was during the height of the "engrave everything" for identification/insurance craze, and I being young and dumb did it. I was smart enough to do it where it was hidden. I'm keep looking to see if it will turn up again.

Seriously, now that I think about it, mine didn't have the target hammer and trigger. False alarm. Never mind.

That is a really nice Model 19. I joke that I go back and forth between which I like best. The Model 15 or the Model 19. Since this is about the Model 19, that's the one I like best, and yours is a beauty. Enjoy it.
thanks CajunBass, no ID number on this one however I had a nickel S&W .357 that had a SS number engraved in the inside portion of the frame directly under the left side grip

·
Registered
22,002 Posts
Sweet model 19. I got my 4" 19-4, Pa. State Police Commemorative a couple of years ago and it's a great shooter.

20180826_093529.jpg

Congrats and enjoy your new acquisition!

·
Premium Member
10,738 Posts
Excellent points above and well taken, after serious consideration last night I had decided to contacting the shop on Monday and make a deal to purchase the 25. The manager was kind enough to hold it back for a few days.
Over time, the dollars come and go, but a superb model 25 - that's precious.

That said, I don't believe in over-extending my finances.

Being your dedicated enablers, we'll enjoy pictures...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts