727 Posts
Beautiful grips StangMan! Where’d you get ‘em?? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Thank you, They are J Culina custom grips , English cake walnut

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
41 Posts
View attachment 492416 View attachment 492416 View attachment 492416

About a year ago, late one night, I browsed Gunbroker for model 19 Smiths. Lo & behold..on one of the last pages of many, showing grips, holsters, etc. Here was a gem!! Offered buy a gun shop on the Northern, East Coast. ‘Buy now’ available and a description/photos I thought was the perfect pistol I once owned in 1977. (Sold it to a Detective friend who begged for it!). I bought the same gun for $149...’dealer’s cost’ in 1977. (Always lamented selling it!).
The New England seller told me he thought the gun hadn’t been fired but once or twice. An ‘Estate Sale Consignment’. I bought it! It arrived and I was elated!! Obviously someone’s nightstand gun, shot once or twice....rested on its left side in a humid environment for years!! Spent some time cleaning and polishing. It’s now like a brand new pistol from 1977! A 19-3, pinned & recessed! I carry it!! 🤗
Moral of the story?? Always scroll to the end of pages on Gunbroker! View attachment 492416

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
....another favorite ‘Snubby’ I carry. 340 M&P. (Note I’ve had the key lock removed). The front sight replaced with the larger ‘Big Dot sight. Also had the cylinder modified for moon clips. The first 5 rounds pop out as one!
Magnums ‘hurt’ but the new Pachmayr grips really mitigate that. I carry it in a Kramer ‘Pancake’ holster with 2 Safariland speedloaders in my strong side pants pocket. Reloads are nearly as fast as a semi-auto!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts