Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96939C83-3FCF-4524-8F69-E6283A551EA8.jpeg

About a year ago, late one night, I browsed Gunbroker for model 19 Smiths. Lo & behold..on one of the last pages of many, showing grips, holsters, etc. Here was a gem!! Offered buy a gun shop on the Northern, East Coast. ‘Buy now’ available and a description/photos I thought was the perfect pistol I once owned in 1977. (Sold it to a Detective friend who begged for it!). I bought the same gun for $149...’dealer’s cost’ in 1977. (Always lamented selling it!).
The New England seller told me he thought the gun hadn’t been fired but once or twice. An ‘Estate Sale Consignment’. I bought it! It arrived and I was elated!! Obviously someone’s nightstand gun, shot once or twice....rested on its left side in a humid environment for years!! Spent some time cleaning and polishing. It’s now like a brand new pistol from 1977! A 19-3, pinned & recessed! I carry it!! 🤗
Moral of the story?? Always scroll to the end of pages on Gunbroker!

·
Super Moderator
33,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Find looking Smith 19!

Reactions: Mjh

·
Premium Member
19,125 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! I can't quite tell...is it a nickel finish with a white front sight insert?

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
Hey Y,

What a swell looking M 19!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

Reactions: yicpvr

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
And a Hearty welcome to S&W!

Reactions: yicpvr

·
Registered
727 Posts
Nice, congrats, Can't ever go wrong with a S&W snubby...!!!
Model 19.JPG

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
...your wife has good taste/sense!! 🤗
Nice grips! Where’d ya get ‘em??
Bought these many years ago at a gun show when they sold things other than plastic guns and junk. Wife tried them out on her 19 and i never got to use them. Too expensive now, but some from Thailand make good substitutes. Bought 2 or 3 sets on E bay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bought these many years ago at a gun show when they sold things other than plastic guns and junk. Wife tried them out on her 19 and i never got to use them. Too expensive now, but some from Thailand make good substitutes. Bought 2 or 3 sets on E bay.
Very nice! I’ve purchased 2 sets of wood grips for this pistol but both increase the size and are not comfortable. The rubber ‘bantam’ round butt grips on it are much more concealable, soften the blackstrap and fit my hand better. (They give me a higher grip on the gun).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts