Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is a big deal for me. I now have (or will when it gets here) a Model 10 nd through the Model 10-10. Another collection goal accomplished.

Not in great shape but not many of mine are; I like shooters. I guessing it is from 1989 but Roy will let me know soon. Blue, 4" barrel and I believe it will have the matching grips.

I may even have a shot of Templeton Rye tonight I'm so pumped!!

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Congratulations on achieving your goal!! I have thought about where I am going with my collection of S&W shooters. I really like the 686's and one of my first revolvers was a 4" 686. I decided I would like one of each standard barrel length up to the 6 inch. So far I have a 2.5", 3" and the 4". The hard ones are out of the way so a 6" will be next. Beyond that goal I am wandering aimlessly with a bit of this and that

·
Registered
15,469 Posts
Congratulations on achieving your goal!! I have thought about where I am going with my collection of S&W shooters. I really like the 686's and one of my first revolvers was a 4" 686. I decided I would like one of each standard barrel length up to the 6 inch. So far I have a 2.5", 3" and the 4". The hard ones are out of the way so a 6" will be next. Beyond that goal I am wandering aimlessly with a bit of this and that
What about the 5 and 7 inchers?

Reactions: K22

·
Premium Member
11,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just found out the gun shipped Jan 1990. My 10-10 shipped Sep 1990.

·
Registered
20,164 Posts
I have a M-10-7 2" that was one of my favorites to carry and shoot.......until I got a Ruger LC9s 9mm. last August. It is still one of my favorite revolvers. I have 3 S&W K frames. They are all excellent!!! Bob

·
Registered
15,469 Posts
Those are available in the 3-5-7 series, so I dont consider them standard production, but I wouldnt rule them out either
I thought the 3-5-7 series WAS standard production......is that not the case?

·
Registered
24,453 Posts
This one is a big deal for me. I now have (or will when it gets here) a Model 10 nd through the Model 10-10. Another collection goal accomplished.

Not in great shape but not many of mine are; I like shooters. I guessing it is from 1989 but Roy will let me know soon. Blue, 4" barrel and I believe it will have the matching grips.

I may even have a shot of Templeton Rye tonight I'm so pumped!!

Congrats on achieving your goal. Great looking shooter...enjoy!:)

·
Super Moderator
33,377 Posts
Sounds like a great addition to the model 10 collection!

·
Premium Member
11,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I picked up the Model 10-9 today. Not too bad of shape. Needs cleaning but seems to be sound mechanically. I saw that C.A.I. Georgia, VT had been engraved on the left side of the frame below the cylinder. That is an import company in Georgia, Vermont; Century International Arms. Obviously this gun has been out of the country.

Here it is back from the range before cleaning

Reactions: WendyZXZ

·
Premium Member
11,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now for the range report. This revolver may supplant my 10-8 as my favorite. Very smooth, solid and accurate.

First six rounds for me ever with this gun

Twelve rounds

18 rounds
names like nora

·
Premium Member
11,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Then I got brave and backed it off to 10 yards and went for the head.

The one above the target is not mine. :D As you can see I still need work on my smiley face.

·
Premium Member
11,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The stocks are not original to the gun. They came off of a K frame from late 1956.

·
Premium Member
11,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay finally broke the revolver down and cleaned it up. Cleaned up nicely.

Reactions: Mjh and WendyZXZ
1 - 15 of 15 Posts