Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I recently bought a 1922 S&W M&P model of 1905 4th change revolver an am having a hard time finding replacement grips for it. I plan on keeping the originals but they are in rough condition and would like some new ones for shooting. I know the model 10 is basically the same gun but the tops of the grips look different. Would they still work?

Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 馃槑
generally - they are both K frames, and should fit.. obviously, the styles are different pre ww2/post ww2 so if that doesn't bother you the frames are the same basic size..

Premium Member
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! You didn't say, but I presume your gun is a square butt. For inexpensive, comfortable shooting, you can't beat some Pachmayr or Hogue rubber grips. You should be able to find some easily on ebay.

Premium Member
Also, I forgot to say before that there are a number of craftsmen that will restore old grips. You may want to consider that if you can't find some of the old service grips. I must say, though, that it will likely cost you more than the grips are worth to have them restored. Those old non-medallion 1920s wooden grips are some of the plainest and ugliest that S&W made, IMO. However, if your gun is in excellent condition otherwise, it might be worthwhile to have the grips looking as good as the gun.

Reactions: KevNflorida
1 - 8 of 8 Posts