Smith And Wesson Forums banner

S&W M&P-15 Sport

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  kdmason 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I posted this once before but I think I posted it in the wrong area to get some good advice, so here it is again...

I am new to the forum. Yadda yadda yadda. Thanks in advance for the warm welcomes I look forward to becoming an active member.

My deal is this...

I am getting very good 1" groups at 100 yards with 55 gr V-Max (red tip) with H-322 powder @ 3000 fps.

Has anyone found a good powder/bullet combination for Sierra bullets using a 16" 1:8 twist barrel?

To me the Sierra bullets are not accurate at all with the powder combos I have tried; which have included both H-322 and CFE-223 powders at 2800, 2900, 3000, and 3100 FPS. The best group I could get was a big 3" at 100 yards.

It seems I can find Sierra lead asier than I can Hornaday. All of my shots would have been kill shots but anything outside 1" is just not acceptable to me.

Thanks for any input and help.

PS... i was going for the tightest group not the bullseye in the photo. I think this is a pretty good group at 100 yards even with the one fly-away...
Shooting sport Recreation Circle

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.