Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S&W husky model b .243. I was curious as to what the twist was in that barrel.
I also wonder how many model b rifles were produced, and how many of those were chambered in .243

·
Registered
12,315 Posts
I have a S&W husky model b .243. I was curious as to what the twist was in that barrel.
I also wonder how many model b rifles were produced, and how many of those were chambered in .243
Goggle up Husquvarna and they have their build stats on line. Marc can probably help you as well.

My 'assets' got deleted somehow. I'll have to take a picture of my 308 and post it again. It's a sweetie.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Welcome to the forum . Standard twist for the . 243 is 1:10. That rate allows stabilization of both light and heavier bullets . The . 244 Remington used a slower twist and wouldn't stabilize heavier bullets giving the . 243 an advantage along with greater popularity . Remington tightened the twist and renamed it the 6MM Remington and it is a very good cartridge but the . 243 already had the market .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx everybody
I have found that these were made between the years of 68 and 71.
does anybody know how to deciper serial # to determine which year i have?
And does anybody know just how many of these were made in that 4 yr period?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
took it out today and put some rounds through it. I was using factory 95 gr hornady ammo, and I was able to get a 3/4 inch group at 100 yrds. Overall, not to bad, but I think there is room for improvement there with some better loads, as well as some better optics.

·
Super Moderator
10,816 Posts
thanx everybody
I have found that these were made between the years of 68 and 71.
does anybody know how to deciper serial # to determine which year i have?
And does anybody know just how many of these were made in that 4 yr period?
I don’t think you’re gonna get any closer to than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts