Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big fan of the Highway Patrolman, pre-28's and model 28's. Want to share a few pictures of a Highway Patrolman 4" that was mfg in 1954 the first year of production. The gun is unfired and has the original box with the serial number marked on the bottom with a grease pencil. The gun is shown with optional target grips which were an additional $5 in 1954.
Highway Patrolman  4 in      A.jpg

Highway Patrolman  4 in      B.jpg

·
Registered
27,263 Posts
Very nice 28! Was lucky to get my 4" HP a few years ago and I shoot it often. It has THE sweetest trigger, better that any other revolver I have.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I have two 5-screw pre-28's... and a 28-2 with no pics. I have a particular fondness for them, as a M28-2 was my very first handgun that I bought, and then it went on to see duty as my service revolver 45 years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Very nice Model 28. Those stocks are worth $400 if the are worth a penny.
Yep... and if they were mine, in the condition that they are in, I would be sorely tempted to put them away and get a pair of shooter grips. They are easy to gouge with the extractor star, which is why S&W added the "football" cutout shortly afterwards... which is why the short run no relief cutout N-Frame targets are so valuable... probably next in line to Coke target grips.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts