·
Registered
24,337 Posts
Yawn.............

Reactions: Green Mtn. Boy

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think I love it. New design. New features. Not everyone is for old school technology. Lots of folks didn't like the polymer autos at first.

·
Registered
24,337 Posts
This is far from new. Bullpup shotguns have been around for decades amd most have severe enough fedding issues, I wouldn't trust one for HD. For grins and giggles at the range? go ahead.

·
Registered
15,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a pump action and they are saying it is designed for home defense. I had not looked that close and assumed it was semi auto

·
Registered
15,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yawn 3. Maxine Waters is better looking than that thing.
Yep. Only posted because it was a new S&W product, not that anyone wants it. I can think of a few new guns they could have made that people would actually be interested in. How about an M&P pistol caliber carbine or a higher capacity bodyguard 380? Reintroduce some of the Mountain Gun revolvers or maybe a 22 caliber J frame that isnt $650...make it like the 637 which sell for $430 more or less
I remember filling out a poll for them at least once in the past 6 or 7 years. They gave some possible choices of new products we would like to see. I find it hard to believe that a bullpup shotgun was the thing that S&W customers wanted most

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I could potentially be convinced to buy one... at the right price (and if legal in MA)... and I'm not even usually a bullpup fan. But the vertical foregrip and compact geometry just might just work for me and my bum left arm. :unsure: I'd have to try one to find out. (y)

But certainly not at the list price or anything close to it. My matching pair of Mossberg Mavericks were roughly $250 each excluding required modifications to suit my unique/awkward "geometry"... so I'm thinking it would take one very attractive discount to close the deal on an S&W 12. :giggle:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I guess if you really really need one. My shoulder hurts just watching this!
Watch as the young lady shoots it!

This guy has good. clever reviews

·
Registered
18,754 Posts
Tell you what is gonna happen eventually.. These 'tacticool' weapons are gonna be outlawed by the government at some point. In my view, that (and others) are useless pieces of armament for civilians. All that stuff does is give motivation to governing bodies to remove them from civilian ownership.

Would someone please tell me what the practical use is for them? I sure as hell would never hunt with one or shoot trap or skeet with one and in my opinion, those are the 3 prime uses for a shotgun. Home defense is way down on that list. I'd much rather have a handgun for home defense than one of those. Not something you'd have under your pillow.. Kind of lumpy in my view.

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
I rather have something that is below the radar. A simple Mossberg pump with an 18" barrel for the casa.
Side note: Smith and Ford Motors have something in common...they are losing their way. It's just an opinion, it don't make me right.
I won't buy a revolver with no fluting on the cylinder and I would never buy and Expedition with 6

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tell you what is gonna happen eventually.. These 'tacticool' weapons are gonna be outlawed by the government at some point. In my view, that (and others) are useless pieces of armament for civilians. All that stuff does is give motivation to governing bodies to remove them from civilian ownership.

Would someone please tell me what the practical use is for them? I sure as hell would never hunt with one or shoot trap or skeet with one and in my opinion, those are the 3 prime uses for a shotgun. Home defense is way down on that list. I'd much rather have a handgun for home defense than one of those. Not something you'd have under your pillow.. Kind of lumpy in my view.
Huh? You really don't think a shotgun is an EXCELLENT tool for home defense? It's probably MUCH better than a handgun for most people. Shoulder fired, much more powerful, relatively quiet, less risk of over penetration, etc.

And yeah, I'm not really a fan of plastic shotguns, but let's not fall into the left's narratives of "this can't be used for hunting therefore it needs to be banned." That could be said about a Glock, an AR, etc. Why is this "useless?" Because of the way it LOOKS?

Not sure about the logic of your post at all.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts