Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have a S&W .32 long, ejector model (#5) that has a problem indexing the cylinder. If the revolver is pointed forward or downward it indexes without fail, however if you point it up and jostle it a bit it will not index??? I am assuming the lifter hand (?) has a spring on it that keeps pressure on the hand and that spring has broken or??????...... Any help would certainly be apreciated. Thanks in advance and God bless. cordell

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Dave,
We're all indebted to 500 Magnum for the great series he's posted on gunsmithing!
Sounds like you've 'nailed' cordell's problem.
Don
:ymapplause:

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
DHENRY said:
Dave,
We're all indebted to 500 Magnum for the great series he's posted on gunsmithing!
Sounds like you've 'nailed' cordell's problem.
Don
:ymapplause:
+1
and just another reason we love this 'place' :x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello azmick, DHENRY, Daveht, and 500 Magnum,

Thank you very much for the heads up on 500 Magnums excellent post. O.K. guys I am now convinced it is the torsion spring but I must say I am not a smith by any means, and I have grown much to fond of this rascal to bugger it up!

Are torsion springs available for this model hand ejector, and should any certified S&W gunsmith be able to repair it? Again any help would be greatly appreciated. Take care and God bless. cordell

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Cordell any good gunsmith in your area should be able to fix that for you with no problem.

Check with members of your gun club for a good gunsmith or ask your local dealer.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello daveht,
Thank you again for your help!! Can you give me an idea of where I can get the spring? I think if I have one in hand, I would probably be able to get my S&W back a little quicker than if they have to find and order it. Thanks in advance and God bless. cordell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts