Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something in my trigger assembly on my S&W 9MM SDVE broke. The trigger is awkward feeling and won't function. I can't get the slide release to work. I am unable to break it down. Any help in finding a way to remove the slide is greatly appreciated.
Charles Capps

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Charles,

I know this may sound elementary, but if you have a magazine still inserted have you dropped it out and then tried to 'sling shot' the slide?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charles,

I know this may sound elementary, but if you have a magazine still inserted have you dropped it out and then tried to 'sling shot' the slide?
There was no mag in the pistol and I am unaware of what "sling shot" the slide means. I did finally get the trigger to dry fire and was able to remove the slide. The trigger spring had come undone and the trigger arm dropped down where it would not operate the sear. Repair is made...thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
Charles, welcome to the forum. Be aware that the SD9VE is a cost reduced pistol. Inspect it carefully and look for any damage it may have had.

Because of numerous stories of mechanical issues with this design (and experiences I have had with students that brought them to classes), I personally don't recommend this model.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Charles,

'To slingshot it' means pull the slide as far back it'll go and then simply let go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Charles, welcome to the forum. Be aware that the SD9VE is a cost reduced pistol. Inspect it carefully and look for any damage it may have had.

Because of numerous stories of mechanical issues with this design (and experiences I have had with students that brought them to classes), I personally don't recommend this model.
Thank you, Sir. I am currently studying 1911 models.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts