Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to get a 6946 with 3 mags and a holster for 200 dollars .I am not familiar with that model.
Is it a good deal ? It is in pretty good shape .I have heard that they shoot pretty well and are accurate .
Could someone with the knowledge please tell me about this pistol.thanks for your help...Pat

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your time .I will grab it and send some pics .
well I got it and it seems good .Are there instructions for taking it apart? This is my first s&w auto .I want to clean it up and put some pics on here

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has a bit of holster rash .Will shoot tomorrow and get back with y'all
thanks again

·
Registered
19,629 Posts
Congrats on snagging that one and at a great price no less. Looks to be in good condition. Will be looking forward to range report.:)

·
Premium Member
9,980 Posts
S&W 3rd Generation double stack 9mm Luger Double Action Only, right?

Nice buy. They are well made firearms. Finish wear with little mechanical wear often indicates they were carried a lot and shot a little. Ignore any finish imperfections.

My used 4566 (basically the single stack big brother of what you have) needed a replacement recoil spring rod in order to cycle smoothly. You may find some springs or parts need attention, but it's most likely it will be find as you have acquired it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was very pleased with this pistol at the range today. Functioned perfectly and is very accurate. Felt recoil with this solid gun is minimal . Put a couple hundred rounds through it today .Some FMJ and some 124 gr lead with hi-tek coating .The trigger was firm but very smooth . Thanks for the welcome and the assistance .Pat

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MRERICK
former police gun .Probably spent a lot of time in the holster. It worked great after a couple mags I was able to do 4-5 " groups at about 7 yards with pretty rapid fire. Slow fire was a lot tighter .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The other s &w I have is a 6 inch
model 48 -4 in 22 mag .Love that revolver .Got it years ago for a song .Glad I did fantastic shooter .

·
Premium Member
16,713 Posts
Be sure to keep it lubed well on the slide rails.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I always look for these old S&W semi's in the used gun case but very seldom see them. When I do, they always seem to be the $1000 collector guns.

on the lookout for a single stack DA/SA. CS9 or 3913.

of course, I'm on the lookout for lots of things, and can't afford them all....

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts