Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally bought a 69 4.25 44 magnum to replace my heavy Anaconda. Perfect carry gun for grizzly country here in the mountains of Wyoming. Ordered a Galco Phoenix holster for the Ruger GP100 4.2 that didn't come close to fitting. 1/2 in of barrel out the end and thumb snap still wouldn't close. Not too thrilled for a holster that cost well over $100. Has anyone tried the Bianchi 111 Cyclone for this gun? Also looking at Mernickle Holsters Field Carry Plain Cross Draw Holster. Need a cross draw. May order a nylon Bianchi 7000 to get me by for the time being. Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Try finding a holster that fits a 686 Plus. You might also try Privateer Leather or another holster maker. I had a holster made by them for a 686 Plus 3" that a Mdl. 69 2.75" fit perfectly. My also try Kramer Leather, it looks like he might make what you want in a cross draw holster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Believe the frame and cylinder diameter on the plus are the same as other L frames. Ordered a Bianchi 111 Cyclone and it works. A little tight but should loosen up with some use. May still order a Mernickle with a good design that allows the holster to straddle a belt loop for. Sounds like they could also add a couple cartridge loops.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts