Smith And Wesson Forums banner

S&W 686-4 Plus First Time At Range

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BeAnalog 
#1 ·
My new favorite firearm. Shoots like a dream, easy recoil using 158g 357 and 38 spl rounds through it. Dead on target at 10 and 25 yards, very pleased with it! Cant wait to take it back to the range tommorrow.....any recommendations for improvements.....love the grips but anything aftermarket better perhaps?

#2 ·
You have one of the finest revolvers ever made.... Nice...

It's hard to improve on perfection. What grips are on your gun? If they are comfortable in hand, don't change a thing.

Reactions: msharley
#4 ·
If I had just one choice of a sidearm it would be, and is, a 686 4". They are not lite but the results far outweigh the added ounce or two. I like the darn things so much I'm going to buy another one "just for fun". Then double up on a 637...more fun.

#6 ·
I read somewhere along the line that the 686-4's were supposed to be the best as far as quality was concerned prior to the MIM parts and lock on the 686-5's and after. I have a 686-5 .357 Mountain Gun 7 shot made in 1998 that is an outstanding weapon. It has MIM trigger and hammer but no lock. I foolishly sold a 6" 686-4 Powerport with a Clark Action job a few years back. It was an outstanding shooter during the several hundred rounds I put thru it. Continue to enjoy your gun in good health.

#8 ·
Congratulations! I'm so jealous because that's the gun I wanted for the last 2 years. I finally have the cash for it but now you can't get the ammo and the gun is always out of stock [emoji3525]. The good news is, I have his baby brother 637 always on my side.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.