Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Can anyone help me figure out what year a model 669 with the serial number 68584 was produced? I don't know if that is the right format for the serial because i always see alpha numeric in other 669s, but that is what is stamped on the pistol. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
According to the Standard Catalog the 669 was only made from1985 to 1988 I bought 1 in 1987 and it had the Alpha . Numeric TBC57**. I seen a ref that stated that the 669 series started with TAK but with S&W almost any thing is possible they seldom threw anything away. Yours could be an early sample. a 5 digit Serial could be possible .

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Could that be a BATF Serial No. fix? Back in the 1980s BATF was not as fixated with serial numbers as they are today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe... but i really have no clue. I just never seen any other s&w model x69's with the serial stamped like mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is probably a proper serial number under the inlay plate - very strange indeed.
I don't know if there is anything under the inlay, or however its called, since they had to cut the frame to insert that stainless piece. Its been like that since we got it in the 80s and it didn't have the decocker issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts