Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came up for sale on other S&W forum. The seller wanted $750 delivered do I debated for a couple days.
From comments made on several sites I figure the work done was worth 1/2 of the asking price so I bought it.
The seller sent me a copy of he work invoice showing the work done,
Changed from square butt to round butt, barrel shortened to 3 inches, barrel recrowned, side of he barrel milled flat ,Smith and Wesson and 38 special laser applied to sides of the barrel, dovetail slot cut for Novak front sight and gun bead blasted. I put the Ahrends grips on it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Glad you're happy. I have to take the opposite position. That pitting made me stay away. Custom work like that usually lowers the value, not raise it. I'd have guessed it worth no more than $400-425, and that's being generous. Sorry.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Looks like he took it down to a 3 inch barrel as well. He did really nice work and he might have actually lost money on the deal.....I've thought many times about having a 38 special customize like that, and your gun checks every box on what I would have had done to one.

It doesn't matter what the gun looked like before he customized it, it looks great now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts