Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a stainless 629-4 in 6 inch full underlug barrel. Like new. Have never heard anything bad about the 629-4 revolvers. This one is said to be the best 629 made due to last year before MIM parts, and all the upgrades. If anyone has any insite on the -4’s Pleasre let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
I actually have a 629-5 with the MIM parts and no lock.

It is the sweetest shooter I own.

I have a 686 pre lock pre mim and it's nice, but the trigger on my 629 is phenomenal!

Moe

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,364 Posts
To me the full under-lug adds too much weight to the revolver, and makes it front heavy. I carry a 629-1 with me when I'm out hunting, and those few extra unnecessary ounces are not welcome in my holster. The N-frame weighs enough as originally designed, adding more weight does nothing that could entice me to buy another revolver with a full under-lug again. I really don't think it adds anything to improve the looks of it either.

·
Registered
170 Posts
To me the full under-lug adds too much weight to the revolver, and makes it front heavy. I carry a 629-1 with me when I'm out hunting, and those few extra unnecessary ounces are not welcome in my holster. The N-frame weighs enough as originally designed, adding more weight does nothing that could entice me to buy another revolver with a full under-lug again. I really don't think it adds anything to improve the looks of it either.
You may want to look into a mountain gun.

44 no full underlug.

May suit your needs a little better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts