Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 617- 4 10 shot and have owned the DS 10-speed loader for awhile now and really like it! hpzl;n;

The loading block that I bought with it from Dave Skrzela came with only 4 of the 10 hole patterns so my good son (who is a tool and die maker, and on his last day at work because of a layoff), fired up the company's Bridgeport mill (with their approval) and made me an aluminum block that holds 160 rounds of .22 LR! (That's 16 10 round hole patterns). ihfnlllllq

So that plus the one from Dave Skrzela, plus 10 rounds in the speed loader itself, plus 10 more rounds in the revolver sets me up for 220 rounds of fast shooting without having to reload any rounds one at a time! jhs;h;

Ron welldone

·
Registered
429 Posts
Great tool! It looks like your son has a new job at your new company making and marketing the reloader block. You better get it pattened soon.

I think everyone would like to have one for each caliber they shoot. Although in larger calibers, it is better to load one at a time to slow down the drain of your inventory ($)! LOL.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
That is very cool, does it have a cover so you can set it up at home and pack it to the range?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Pretty clever set up. What do ya do? Shove the speed loader down on the ten cartridges and then transfer them to the cylinder?

How fast can you rip through 220 rounds?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quarter Cherokee said:
Pretty clever set up. What do ya do? Shove the speed loader down on the ten cartridges and then transfer them to the cylinder?
>Yes.

Quarter Cherokee said:
How fast can you rip through 220 rounds?
>As fast as you can do the above!

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts