Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon found a S&W 59 for sale in a local pawn shop. Condition is over 95% ... maybe 98%. The grips are plastic and appear to be S&W manufacturer. Two S&W magazines and box. Do not yet know if it has literature. Doubt it has cleaning kit. Asking price is $599 plus tax. After a bit of jaw jacking ... was told I could get it OTD for $500 even. Just don't know if this is a good deal or what. Once upon a time I carried a nice plated 59 when I was a security guard in New Orleans working my way through seminary. Would appreciate any insight as to the quality of the model, price, possible functional issues, etc. Will not be able to do anything until after the first of the year so there is time. One of the salesmen told me that not a lot of interest was being show in this pistol. Sincerely. bruce.

· Registered
6,130 Posts
This is just my opinion.
I bought a 59 in the 70's and still have it and it has been flawless.
I think the price might be a bit high, but in the world of plastics I would probably take a chance on it.
Good Luck with your choice.

· Registered
18,051 Posts
There is a like new, with box model 59 on Gunbroker right now with a bid of $605 with a few days to go. There are a total of 18 for sale on there, but only 3 have bids. A like new, nickel plated one is currently at over $1000. Meanwhile the well worn ones have little interest at a starting bid of $450. In my opinion, $500 is probably not a bargain, but it is likely a fair price for OTD.

· Registered
12,253 Posts
There is a like new, with box model 59 on Gunbroker right now with a bid of $605 with a few days to go. There are a total of 18 for sale on there, but only 3 have bids. A like new, nickel plated one is currently at over $1000. Meanwhile the well worn ones have little interest at a starting bid of $450. In my opinion, $500 is probably not a bargain, but it is likely a fair price for OTD.
It is a sellers market right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.