Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I wrote my question on a reply below but decided to write it here too. I inherited a .38 from my grandfather and it probably belonged to my great grandfather. The serial number on the bottom is 24883 and the last patent is from september 14 1909. Theres more serial numbers inside so I'll add some pictures, I would like to know the year of manufacture and also how much its worth, even though I dont intend to sell it. It looks very reliable and its in pretty good shape. My grandfather was a tax collector for the state in south of Brazil, he carried it as well as a .32 Colt. Classy times!

·
Premium Member
21,705 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! S&W made a lot of different models in .38 caliber. We need to be able to identify the model before we can give you an estimate of when it was made. We need pictures of both sides of the gun as well as the official serial number which will be stamped on bottom of the grip frame or on the front strap of the grip frame. We also cannot estimate value without pictures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts