Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish to sell the hand gun and holster and want to know a fair price for it. Number inside barrel open is 363 and the number below the barrel is CFH 9049

·
Registered
24,341 Posts
Impossible from the lack of information and pictures that are clear

·
Premium Member
20,502 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! According to the Standard Catalog of S&W, 4th Edition, your gun was made in 2004. So, not quite 20 years ago. But what model is it? And as Abby's Dad says, we need pictures to gauge value.

·
Premium Member
20,502 Posts
Open the cylinder and post the MOD 10-? number that is stamped in the yoke cut.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forums from the Wiregrass! According to the Standard Catalog of S&W, 4th Edition, your gun was made in 2004. So, not quite 20 years ago. But what model is it? And as Abby's Dad says, we need pictures to gauge value.
I could have more information tomorrow when I show it to one with knowledge. Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would have to be a "pre-Classic" Model 10-14 with that serial number and if made in 2003-2004... yes? :unsure:
Would have to be a "pre-Classic" Model 10-14 with that serial number and if made in 2003-2004... yes? :unsure:
Just now remember, the original one was stolen in a house break in, this one was replaced by insurance co. 10+ years ago. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Just now remember, the original one was stolen in a house break in, this one was replaced by insurance co. 10+ years ago. Thanks for your help
Still gotta go by the serial number you are showing us. (y) As member Wiregrassguy points out, that serial number corresponds to 2003 or 2004 production according to the Bible... which also means it's a Model 10-14 made before the mothership put that gun in their "Classic" series.

Value-wise, I am no expert on late model S&W revolvers that feature the internal lock. I see the new "Classic" version (with wood grips) lists brand new for $772.00. So maybe $500-600 depending on condition? Gunbroker final auction results will give you a much better idea about value.

·
Super Moderator
19,863 Posts
If you're going to make a private sale, you're looking at around $500-550 in the eastern Tennessee area. Regional price differences are common. It may be worth a little less, or a little more depending on where you live.
If you want to sell it to a gun store, they'll probably give you somewhere around $350 or so for it.

Reactions: TTSH and jeepnut
1 - 15 of 15 Posts