Smith And Wesson Forums banner

S&W 38 Special CTG Info

946 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  K22 
#1 ·
My friend has an old 38 special that he received from his father. I have been looking, but have only managed to narrow it down to maybe 1925 to 1928. I am attaching what little pics he has sent me, and what i know about it. Appears to be a 3 inch barrel, 6 round chamber, original finish and grips. Grips kind of look like the ones i have seen on an old victory model, but i haven't had a chance to take it apart. Serial number 5068XX. No letters in front of the serial number. Just want to confirm the year (as close as possible), and an approximate value. Thanks
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

Revolver Line Art Cylinder Gas

Revolver Gun accessory Pattern Trigger Gun barrel

Air gun Tints and shades Trigger Everyday carry Electric blue

Automotive tire Textile Hood Rectangle Automotive exterior

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
That's good to know about the barrel measurements. I always assumed it was just the barrel itself that is measured, like on semi autos. It was rarely ever used from what i was told, but i know that's always the case when people are trying to sell it. Does show holater wear, and a lot more on the cylinder

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.