Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post at this forum.

I just put down a deposit on a neat little target revolver: Pre-WWII; slim six-inch barrel; target sights, and a square grip. Serial number 1465xx. Not a real collectible as it has been re-polished and re-blued, but it is quite clean and in good working order. I like this caliber and it is definitely a shooter. Looks like some type of Hand Ejector to me if I had to venture a guess.

Anybody out there who can fill in the blanks like date and model of this petite revolver?

Kevlar

·
Premium Member
18,757 Posts
It sounds like you have a 32 hand ejector 5th change which was shipped between 1910 and 1917. Target models are fairly rare. Pictures would help us help you.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Who cares about condition / refinish for a shooter. I Want it anyway I can find it. These are few and far between in most areas and plain non-existent where I live. I brought home a target 32-20(32 WCF) that seriously may have been dragged behind a horse. A highly valued keeper to me.
Pictures , MUST have pictures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum and as you can tell we love pics.
Thanks! I can't take any pics right now as it is locked up in the gun shop's safe until I can come up with the rest of the cash and get a permit (NJ). But my main problem is this: I have never posted a pic online of anything. Ever.

I am pretty sure that they would let me take pics of it, but posting them would pose the real problem.

Kevlar

·
Premium Member
18,757 Posts
Is this a philosophy issue or do not feel that you're capable of posting?

·
Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 😎
3,965 Posts
welcome y'all .. quite a few .32 fans 'round here..

·
Registered
676 Posts
Kevlar,

Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on finding a little jewel and very fun, accurate revolver.

Chambered in .32 S&W Long s/n 1465XX as you described, makes it a .32 Hand Ejector Target from ~mid 1912, a round butt model with sq butt target stocks and scarce.

Does it look like this? Although mine has custom Roper target stocks:

If your stocks are walnut targets with gold medallions, they look like the targets next to my post WW II .32 Regulation Police Target from 1957:

If your stocks are black hard rubber, they look like this if round butt:

And like this if square butt target style:

Another of my favorites; a pre war .22/32 Kit Gun from 1935 with target stocks:

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
There's a first time for everything Kevlar.
We just gotta have pics and are willing to teach how to post 'em if your are willing to learn.
BTW, looking at your forum name, are you a canoeist or a believer in body armor? :)

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a first time for everything Kevlar.
We just gotta have pics and are willing to teach how to post 'em if your are willing to learn.
BTW, looking at your forum name, are you a canoeist or a believer in body armor? :)

John
Neither, but there was already a "Kevin" and a "Kev" registered at this site. So I went with something somehat ballistic and part of my first name.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks a lot like the first photo, with wooden grips from the second photo. But not in as good condition. I will have to revisit it at the gun store and take some cell phone photos and notes.

BTW-- It's not that I am opposed to posting photos; am a cyber-klutz and just can't do it.

Kevlar

·
Premium Member
11,521 Posts
Hi, this is my first post at this forum.

I just put down a deposit on a neat little target revolver: Pre-WWII; slim six-inch barrel; target sights, and a square grip. Serial number 1465xx. Not a real collectible as it has been re-polished and re-blued, but it is quite clean and in good working order. I like this caliber and it is definitely a shooter. Looks like some type of Hand Ejector to me if I had to venture a guess.

Anybody out there who can fill in the blanks like date and model of this petite revolver?

Kevlar
Welcome to the forum. Love the .32; any of them.

·
Premium Member
18,757 Posts
Don't sell yourself short. Hell, if Injunbro (whose brain has been addled by too many frying pan strikes) can post a picture, then you certainly can. ;) Do you have a smart phone? If so, the free Tapatalk app makes it very easy to post pictures to the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't sell yourself short. Hell, if Injunbro (whose brain has been addled by too many frying pan strikes) can post a picture, then you certainly can. ;) Do you have a smart phone? If so, the free Tapatalk app makes it very easy to post pictures to the forum.
Yes, I have a cell phone and I did take a few pictures with it yesterday at the gun shop. They were nice enough to haul it out of the safe in back.

MISTAKE ON MY PART, SORRY: On further review, while the gun in question does indeed have a tall target front sight (as opposed to the usual half-moon front sight), the rear sight is not adjustible. Instead, it is the usual groove in the top strap arrangement of a fixed rear sight. Is that unusual? I guess it cannot properly be called a target revolver.

I may ask my daughter, the cyber whiz, to post the pics here.

Kevlar

·
Registered
676 Posts
Kevlar,

You may have what's know by Smith researchers/collectors as a "Half Target" if it's factory original. Only a factory historical letter can confirm it. There is lots of precedent for them and they are rarer than full target models.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts