Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to get to the lake this past weekend and do some
shootin. Shot and sighted in 7 handguns I had yet to shoot.
This by far was my favorite...accurate, low recoil, just a pleasure to shoot.
My normal woods guns are 41 mags. That may change.

·
Administrator
8,094 Posts
What a beauty! kfjdrfirii

While I shoot and reload 41 mag, the 45 Colt is by far my favorite caliber..
Watch yourself.. it's gonna grow on ya'!

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Carl's Right..... That's a real beauty..... Those '70's Cocobolo Smooths really set off the nickle.... very nice indeed.

Tough to find a better "Belt Gun"....

Try 8.5 Grns of Unique under a cast lead 250-260 Grn. Round Nose Flat Point.... you'll love it!

Drew

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
45 acp and 45 colt my two favorite cartridges . Although I have a soft spot for the 32hr mag. I have a real love affair with my colt single actions. The colt 1911,s are in a class by them self,s. How,s that for an :D opinionated a hole.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Fantastic looking Mod. 25. I have come to appreciate a nickel revolver more and more as time passes. Glad to hear it's as accurate as it is good looking.
Bob

·
Registered
402 Posts
Most excellent! Nickle..check, N-frame..check..4"..check, smooth grips..check..big bore...CHECK... doesn't get any better!

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is awesome. Being a pinned barrel, made prior to 1982, how do the chanber throats
measure? I see you're using silvertips. I think most WW silvertips were .454 bullet size, and should shoot well in the older 25-5.

These 25-5s are not often found and the nickel is stunning.

I was quite fortunate to find a later (1988) -5 ,

So ,,with your permission ,,here's a picture ;) .

Regards ,,,AlleN-Frame

·
Registered
656 Posts
I looked for a nickeled and pinned 25-5 off and on for several years. never found one I could afford.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
SaxonPig said:
I looked for a nickeled and pinned 25-5 off and on for several years. never found one I could afford.
Ya gotta watch the auction sites...this one I picked up about 2.5 years ago for the pricey sum of $430 (can't remember if it was GB or AA). ;)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Congrats and looks good. I had to pass on a Mountain Gun/.45LC this year and it wasn't easy. Like those 4" N frames.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts