Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
S&W will supply you with their information on the gun for a fee. I do not not know how much it is.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
It's a .22/32 heavy frame target from before the mid 1920's. Serial number will help nail that date down closer.

In good shape they're running $1000+. Value also depends on S/N. Very early ones are worth a lot more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I really just wanted to know what I have, and where be a good place to start to sell it for a fair price?
If you supply the serial number, someone can tell you when it was made
The serial # is 599574
This Particular Revolver has a Special place in my heart and I would REALLY love to know exactly what year and type it is.. Can someone please help?? I would also like to know the value, people are telling me way different things.
View attachment 519383 View attachment 519383

·
Premium Member
20,361 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the cotton and peanut covered plains of the Wiregrass! That is a beautiful HFT but the serial number you provide is too high for that gun. Where did you get the serial? The official serial number is on the metal exposed front grip strap oriented with the barrel pointed to the right. The fonts used in that era are hard to read, especially 3's and 5's, which are often misread. I suspect the first digit is a 3 instead of a 5. IF so,

.22/32 H.F. serial 391453 was shipped in March 1925. .22/32 HF serial number 408864 was shipped in June 1925. So, probably your gun shipped in April-May 1925. But, S&W did not ship in serial number order and it may have shipped years after being manufactured.

·
Premium Member
20,361 Posts
You're welcome! Well, delcrossv, who is a highly respected collector, says $1000+ for a top condition specimen. It is hard to offer an appraisal based one one picture. I see quite a bit of wear on the finish. So, your HFT has been shot and carried a lot. That reduces the value if the right side is similar to what we see on the left. If worse, it will lower the value considerably. I'd put it in the +/- $1000 range based on what I can see.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're welcome! Well, delcrossv, who is a highly respected collector, says $1000+ for a top condition specimen. It is hard to offer an appraisal based one one picture. I see quite a bit of wear on the finish. So, your HFT has been shot and carried a lot. That reduces the value if the right side is similar to what we see on the left. If worse, it will lower the value considerably. I'd put it in the +/- $1000 range based on what I can see.
$700

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Thanks, I really just wanted to know what I have, and where be a good place to start to sell it for a fair price?

The serial # is 599574

They're closing down gun sales here, but you can try on the "blue" forum:
Smith & Wesson Forum

·
Premium Member
20,361 Posts
They're closing down gun sales here, but you can try on the "blue" forum:
Smith & Wesson Forum
Yes, just follow the link above in the quote. Many serious collectors are members there. Make sure you read their rules very carefully and follow exactly. They are not tolerant of any deviations.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts