Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 22 LR S&W pistol. I went the range today and was told I had to purchase 22 high velocity ammo and that I couldn't use 22 standard velocity because the ammo wouldn't cycle properly. Over time I have purchased standard velocity ammo and am wondering if I can use it or will jam my weapon?

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
strange they would "make" you buy their ammo based on their opinion on the performance of your gun.

Any public range's ammo criteria should only be based on the safety and maintenance of their range equipment (e.g., no steel bullet construction). Otherwise it's just a money grab, which is their prerogative, but I'd go somewhere else unless their ammo prices were to my advantage.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
What model is your 22? Some 22 semi autos can be picky about what they like to be fed. Maybe someone here has the same pistol and can give you more personal feedback.

·
Premium Member
12,292 Posts
I have a SW22 Victory. For about the first 500 - 750 rounds it only liked velocity of 1100 or better. Now, at over 2,000 rounds through it, it will eat anything

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Premium Member
12,292 Posts
My M&P 22 Compact has fired anything I put in it; even Thunderbirds (which I no longer use because they really lead up the barrel).

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
Used to buy cheap 22 LR at the Yellow Front store in Buckeye Az that was made in the Philippines. 200-250 rounds and the crap would gum up the Standard Model Ruger semi auto. A couple squirts of WD-40 and we were back in business. Filthiest stuff on Earth, sure wasn't Ely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts