Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Can someone please look up a serial number for me? Revolver belonged to my Grandfather and I would love to have a little more info on it. SN matches on cylinder, frame and barrel.

SN:2066

Thank You very much!

·
Premium Member
21,089 Posts
Welcome to The Forum from the Wiregrass. That serial number does not match up with the era of that gun. Take the grips off and give us the serial number for the bottom of the grip frame.

Guy

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
If your S/N is correct, it's a "pre model 35" from 1953. Pre 35's had their own S/n series so it could be correct.

Mine's a little later and has a different latch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You so much for the quick reply!

I am not certain of the model as I was going off image comparisons. I did indeed write the SN incorrect & my sincere apologies for that.

Correct SN is 2065

Thank You again!

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
They're fun little guns. I had mine out a couple of weeks ago. Standard velocity 22 LR's seem to work best.
I like those grips. (y)

Reactions: Bartlby Adams

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Reactions: Bartlby Adams

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Nope that's it. Became the Model 35 after '57 IIRC. Here's my later one

·
Registered
571 Posts
Looks like an early K22 to me. Notice the LERK? May well be a 4 digit revolver. The OP never answered the question about the K prefix. Big Larry

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Looks like an early K22 to me. Notice the LERK? May well be a 4 digit revolver. The OP never answered the question about the K prefix. Big Larry
Not a K frame. Here's a comparison M,I,J, and K 22's

1 - 20 of 25 Posts