Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a S&W 22-32 HFT that is number 29 of the 294 sent to Philip Bekeart in 1911. Sadly the rear sight is not original. I'm looking to buy a rear sight or parts gun with a sight. Anyone have any idea where I might find one?

· Registered
4,065 Posts
Try Gunparts aka Numrich. Popperts, Jack First. Do you need the entire assembly? The sights on the older target models were numbered to the gun. Even the blade had the last three digits. I think any early pre WWII I frame rear target sight will do. This is the only pic I have of a Model 1903 32 Hand ejector I frame that was retrofitted with a target sight.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

The original leaf was broken but a toolmaker friend was able to make a very good replacement.

If you are able, post a couple of pics. We likes pictures. And welcome to the forum!

John

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John, for the suggestions, I've tried them all with no luck.
That's a nice looking 32.
I do need the complete sight assembly. The gun has a sight that some one made and installed in the 30's. I know the original sights were numbered and hand fit but I thought it would be nice to at least have an original since the gun is a true Bekeart.
This is my first time on the forum so I'm still learning how to post, I'll try to post some pictures.
Thanks again.
Jerry

· Registered
4,065 Posts
That will be hard to find, but not impossible. You may want to post a want to buy ad on the "Big Blue" forum, the other S&W forum. And keep looking on Ebay. Good luck with your search.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts