Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for any information in relation to a S&W 1911PD I have not found much information on this particular model I am looking for real life examples of function, fit, or any known problems how long did the series run general collectible knowledge and range reports thank you all in advance looking to purchase one from a friend soon and would like 3rd party knowledge before purchasing this pistol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Wow Crickets........
I suppose this is a highly collectable rare firearm as for all the knowledge on this site no one knows anything about the 1911 PD

·
Registered
15,187 Posts
Wow Crickets........
I suppose this is a highly collectable rare firearm as for all the knowledge on this site no one knows anything about the 1911 PD
I remember when they were in the S&W catalog. Scandium frame, commander size 1911, but that is all I know

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank for speaking up Jonesy I guess I will get it. Just so I can share what I learn about it with the group

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Hey 68,

Just tumbled this thread.

Check the top of the barrel hood for scratches...If it has longitudinal scratches it may be out of time...

The "Billboard Model" Full Size Gov't Model was/is fine (if I can ever get one for the right deal...)

Do they/does it have an "insert" on the feed ramp? Colt's had problems with their aluminum models. The nose of the bullet would damage the feed ramp. Brownell's sold a "repair kit" for quite some time (may still do?)

Later, Mark

Reactions: jonesy814

·
Registered
15,187 Posts
Hey 68,

Just tumbled this thread.

Check the top of the barrel hood for scratches...If it has longitudinal scratches it may be out of time...

The "Billboard Model" Full Size Gov't Model was/is fine (if I can ever get one for the right deal...)

Do they/does it have an "insert" on the feed ramp? Colt's had problems with their aluminum models. The nose of the bullet would damage the feed ramp. Brownell's sold a "repair kit" for quite some time (may still do?)

Later, Mark
That is why Ruger puts a titanium feed ramp in it's lightweight commander

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the later model 1911 Sc Commander that was a Scandium frame, Commander size and got rid of it......
It had trouble feeding modern HP ammo with the bullet getting stuck on the feed ramp. Than the plunger tube broke off. I fixed the plunger tube by installing a milled steel one and lightly polished the feed ramp with Flix. I noticed wear on the feeder amp which is the frame a said I have to dump this turd.
I bought a LW Ruger Commander and nay a problem. I like the titanium feed ramp and integral plunger tube. I like my Dan Wesson with the feed ramp as part of the barrel.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts