Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Through selling and some trading, I had done a fair job during 2019 in not increasing the firearm accumulation too much, but I went a little nuts at year end. I bought a Smith 1911, A Kel Tec PMR30 and a Sig 229 in .40.
First up is the Smith 1911. Given that I already had a bakers dozen plus one 1911's (most in .45ACP) ,it is not logical to buy another but we know logic and need gets lost outside the gun store.

I was surprised at the price on this one as it was much less than I expected, then I found out the dealer was selling as used and had a 26% discount. Needless to say, it came home with me.
After all, it is a Smith, 1911, .45, beautiful pistol, with machine engraving and I had dedicated "gun Money" in my pocket. The story is a guy bought it on impulse, fired a partial box of ammo and decided it was too heavy to carry. His loss, my gain.
S&W 1911 E -01.jpg S&W 1911 E -02.jpg S&W 1911 E -02.jpg S&W 1911 E -04.jpg
I will post pics of the other two in another thread.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
WOW that is a great pick up and a great addition to your Smith Wesson Battery/ While mine is not as pretty as yours. I still Love to shoot mine. Great Pick up . Have fun with it. and Who says its to heavy to carry concealed :: !!! ??? SmithWesson1911 004.JPG SmithWesson1911 002.JPG

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mac23 I normally don't really care much for engraved guns but the engraving on your gun is what I'd call discreet and I really like the way it looks.

I already own three 5" stainless 45 ACP 1911's (Remington R1, Springfield Armory Mil-Spec, and a Ruger SR1911) but since I'll be turning 70 this week I purchased another one Saturday morning as a early birthday present to myself......a S & W 1911 E Series like yours minus the engraving.

Can hardly wait to get it to the range and run a couple of hundred rounds of my loaded 230 gr. hardball through it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts