Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know, which model and year of this revolver .32

Hello, I'm new here, good morning everyone.

I recently bought this .32 revolver, but I have no information on it.

It is very old and has disappeared many markings.

I researched a lot, and I think it's from Smith & Wesson.

I believe it's from the year 1905, but I'm a layman and I can't be sure.

can someone help me find out?
I will attach some external and internal photos.

you have to do a lot of force to cocked the revolver, is there any internal part missing? What can it be

Attachments

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Welcome to the forum from NE Georgia. Gun if is a S&W might from around time of WW I as I believe they quit putting the trade mark on them till after the war. I would clean thoroughly and polish some surfaces lightly to see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
19,955 Posts
Bom dia! welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! As John says, it is a copy...probably Spanish but could be Belgian. It is quite old and could date from WWI as jeepnut mentions. S&W did not make .32 revolvers with square butts like that until after WWII. Also the internal mainspring and trigger return are similar to a Colt rather than S&W. The sideplate is on the opposite side from a typical S&W revolver. I doubt very much it has much value and probably is not safe to shoot. However, it could make an interesting wall or shadowbox display.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand, what a pity.

The revolver is shooting perfectly, my question was about the model, I thought it was from S&W.

Here in Brazil people pay very well for these revolvers, because of the difficulty of buying one legally.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
clean it. Lightly oil and put back together. I can not ID it but regardless if it is a SW or a Colt or a Spanish condition determines the value.
If it shoots well as you say, just enjoy it.:)

·
Premium Member
19,955 Posts
Yes, we understand the gun situation in Brazil. We have several members from there and they have informed us of the police procedures, etc. As Rule3 days, enjoy it!

Reactions: jeepnut
1 - 11 of 11 Posts