Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I have another S&W that I just bought and don't know much about it. I have read several articles on these revolvers but nothing is telling me when these things was made. I sure wish S&W would put something on the internet with this information. What I have is a S&W moder 18 with a -7. It is in pretty good shape, haven't fired it yet. I would appreciate any help I could get with the manufacture date of this revolver. The serial number is CNH7093.
Thamks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
20,718 Posts
S&W doesn't publish anything about manufacturing dates on the Internet or anywhere else. You need to purchase a copy of the Standard Catalog of S&W by Supica and Hahas. It covers all the S&W manufactured guns and paraphernalia. Your gun was made in 2009.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you sir for our prompt reply.
You got a nice one. Below is a Model 18 no dash and a Model 18-3. Hope yours shoots as good as these two do.

View attachment 483644

View attachment 483645
S&W doesn't publish anything about manufacturing dates on the Internet or anywhere else. You need to purchase a copy of the Standard Catalog of S&W by Supica and Hahas. It covers all the S&W manufactured guns and paraphernalia. Your gun was made in 2009.
I just ordered a copy of the 4th --2016 edition of the book. I will try to not bother you again for information. Thank you, Pete

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have a gun that "looks" like an M18 (K-frame, 4" barrel, ramp front sight) but it isn't--it has finger groove grips, an underlug barrel and is stamped M17-6.

I always thought 4" K22's with a ramp front sight were M18's.

·
Premium Member
20,718 Posts
From the SCSW 4th Edition:

In 1990 S&W introduced this model in a full lug barrel variation as a double-action revolver built on the square butt K target frame with 3 screws. Features a 6-shot fluted cylinder with a nominal length of 1.62” with 4”, 6-inch or 8-3/8” full lug and ribbed barrel, blue finish only, wood combat style grips with S&W medallions, .375” semi or .500” full target hammer, .400” target or .312” smooth combat trigger, counterbored cylinder, pinned 1/8” Patridge front sight on ramp base with adjustable micrometer click rear sight. Early 17-6 variations are found without the full lug. 10 groove serrated backstrap and forestrap. The full lug barrel variation was Cataloged from 1990 to 1995.

(Page 215).

·
Registered
30,033 Posts
Congrats on the new acquisition! Any pics of the 18? We'd sure like to see it.;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Pete, I have the 3rd edition on my iPad. I really enjoy having it when I'm looking at new posts, pics of guns I'm not really up on. Looking at for sale ads is where having a copy
handy really shines. One glaring MISTAKE in a ad could cause you a bad bid. It was money
well spent. My K-22 stays at my house.
Cliff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts