Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a model 13-2 4” in an auction, and trying to track down the ship date. As the s&w website doesn’t let you search serial numbers anymore. It has serial number 9D02xxx on the bottom. Is their any way to track down what police department these went to? This is my first wheel gun, and was is it common for S&w to proof mark each individual cylinder?
Hand Finger Revolver Trigger Thumb

Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Wood

Wood Rectangle Flooring Floor Eyewear

Bicycle frame Bicycle part Rim Carbon Auto part

Finger Bicycle part Rim Audio equipment Nail

Musical instrument accessory Wood Bumper Bicycle handlebar Carbon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thank you! I thought it was odd that each cylinder was proofed. I’ll have to give it a look over to see if it has any import markings, but I didn’t see anything yet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forums from the cotton and peanut covered plains of the Wiregrass! Your M13-2 was made in 1981. It was exported to the UK as indicated by the Birmingham Nitro Proof stamps on the cylinder. There should be an importers stamp, perhaps on the flat area under the barrel where the extractor rod docks. It may be small. You can request an Historian's letter of authenticity from the S&W Historical Foundation, but I doubt it will tell you anything but an exporter agency as the destination.
Found it! But it still looks like British proofing to me
Automotive exterior Bumper Trigger Auto part Natural material

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts