Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I passed on a 1076 10MM yesterday. Box {plastic case}, papers and a total of six magazines. The pistol looked well cared for and one mag. looked brand new. Gunbroker has prices all ove the place { fhfjjjj } and I passed at $600 OTD {it is my Pre-28 HP money}. What's the real going price?

·
Registered
402 Posts
That was a very good price especially when you figure in the cost of the 6 magazines. 10mm has a bit of a cult following like the .41 Mag and

their prices generally will reflect this. Decent condition 3rd generation [email protected] 10mm pistols with box and papers are getting hard to find. There are still lots of nice S- series Model 28's floating around.
I would of jumped on it.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Mick,

I bought a 1076 through CDNN in the mid 90's for about $300 as I recall. Later I traded for another which supposedly has FBI History.... I haven't lettered it yet to verify.

I don't think that $600 is too much to pay today for a really fine example if you really want one.

I watched a far more common 1006 go for more than that on one of the auction sites this week.

Drew

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I kept thinking about the money I would need to spend on brass, bullets and a complete new head and shell plate for the Dillon 550b to reload for it. An easy extra $200. I don't need another caliber right now. I don't need another 357 but,,,,,,

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
My apologies for horning in on this post, but it occured to me there is a gun show coming up and I have a question concerning 10 MM's. I have had these 10's for a while, but in truth don't shoot them anymore and thought I might try to swap them off at the show - So, I need to have some idea from knowledgable folks in the forum, what kind value these might bring. Usually the posted prices appear, to me, to be a little inflated.

The 610 has a five inch barrel and the automatic is a 1066.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I am being approached by a seller right now that has a 1066 for sale. 6 extra mags (8 total) and 550 rounds of mixed ball, early Norma hollow points, and Fed Spec 180 grn. FBI 10mm Lite. His asking price is $650. I will buy at close to $575.

Note that your example has a rear sight modification of some sort an that will take away from it's pure collector interest, but may enhance it's value to a shooter, depending.

With regard to the 610, it would appear as though your gun is a fairly early issue with Forged Hammer & Trigger, firing pin where it's supposed to be and the early style backsight leaf. This increases it's appeal. I'm guessing mid 80's production. Even though it's the most common barrel length, it is highly collectible. Full retail with the box and 'stuff' would be upwards of $750 give or take. Wholesale price would be about $200 less. This one is the 610 to have if you want one, unless of course one with the 3" or 4" tube could be located from an early run with the same features.

Drew

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Thanks Drew, that is the kind of information I needed. Now to remember to take along a small calculator.

Of course if I see something that grabs me, just like always, dollars and sense, doesn't seem to matter. Then MY gun becomes an old used gun, but THEIR gun is a collectors item.

Anyway, thanks once again for responding.....

Hank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.