Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

This is my first post and sorry but I'm having an issue. My dad has a S&W 1000 that he's had since the early 80's and he never cleaned it. Well I thought I'd give it a good run down for him. Well, my interests have been mostly rifles and pistols and never really shotguns.

My problem is that a spring and metal cap that goes caps the spring fell out after I took everything out of the receiver except the trigger. My belief is that it goes on the trigger. I came to this conclusion after 5 hours of constant working on it and finally reassembly it to see if I could figure out what didn't work. Well once I put it together without the spring or metal cap (I think its a cap) and i racked the bolt back then sent the bolt home it wouldn't fire (engage the hammer). i then took it back apart to see if I could figure out how to manually engage the hammer but with no luck (can't even really tell which is the hammer.

Here are two pictures
20140312_023821.jpg 20140312_023827.jpg

So I have no idea what these two pieces are or where they go. Any one else have this problem when first disassembling their S&W 1000? Wish I was more of a shotgun guy or at least knew someone who was.

Thanks everyone and sorry for my rambling. My typing isn't the best when I'm exhausted and frustrated as I am.

Thanks again for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Was just doing some research on the 870 trigger group which looks similar...at least online it does. It looks like my hammer is already pulled back but won't engage when I pull the trigger. Gun is off safe by the way. Just trying to give as much information as I can.

Edit: Just figured out its called the Hammer Spring Sleeve (Metal Cap) and hammer Spring. Now I'll have to figure out how to put it back on the trigger. Have to wait till I get home from work though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts